FIXED TERM CONTRACT - SEASONAL ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT
START LATE FEBRUARY/MARCH 2018
Salary £8 per hour
We are looking for a supervisor to join our small & friendly visitor team to support the work of the Wey & Arun Canal Trust who is working to restore the abandoned canal in the Surrey and Sussex area. The Trust is an award-winning canal restoration project who have over 3,000 members and an ambitious programme of projects and events for 2018. This is a fixed term part time vacancy (working two days 11am-5pm) Easter through to the end of October with our volunteers based in Loxwood.
At the Loxwood Canal Centre we welcome over 10,000 visitors each year and the months of April to October are busy periods as we offer public boat trips and private charter cruises. To strengthen our existing volunteers, we are looking to recruit a paid supervisor who will compliment these activities providing information on the restoration work and also sales support.
Knowledge, Skills/Qualifications & Experience
As the Canal Centre Supervisor, reporting to the Canal Centre Manager, and with input to the public relations and publicity activities, you will be a key first point of contact for Trust members and visitors. You will need to provide timely accurate information & booking information, responding to telephone and email enquiries, and most critically those arriving for boat trips and walkers/cyclists/canoeists, preferably with good local knowledge.
- Provide a positive and welcoming first point of contact for all
- Respond to incoming requests for guidance and information from customers to ensure the delivery of high standards of customer service.
- Provide guidance advice and information to visitors
- Operate the online booking system for boat trips
- Merchandise sale
- Support other work as necessary and requested by the Canal Centre Manager
Skills & Capabilities:
you will have:
- Strong previous customer service experience and skills are essential.
- Excellent telephone, verbal and written communication skills; must be able to provide accurate information concisely and clearly.
- Strong numeracy skills & confidence in promoting sales
- Experience supporting a retail operation
- Excellent prioritisation & planning skills
- Good personal skills to compliment the volunteers
- Excellent attention to detail
- Quick to learn, and not afraid to ask when help is needed
- Collaborative in working style, with the confidence to work independently
What We Offer
If you have the skills and experience above, are looking for an interesting and rewarding job, working 2 days a week, then we would like to hear from you. Please email email@example.com
We aim to represent the diverse communities we are part of and welcome applicants from across all sectors of the community. We strongly believe that a diverse workforce brings with it a diversity of ideas, thinking and ways of working which enhances what we do.
Find our more about us on our website: www.weyandarun.co.uk