- About the Canal
- Canoes & Boats
- Public Boat Trips
You are here
Annual Meeting of the Wey & Arun Canal Trust, 27 April 2019
Make a Day of It!
Why not "Make a Day of it" and take a walk to Harsfold Bridge, or bring your canoe to Gennets Bridge Lock and enjoy being on the water. Details of both events below.
Canoe at Gennets Bridge Lock
Canoe on our new restored section of canal at Gennets Bridge Lock. We can now offer this short stretch open to small unpowered boats, canoes and paddleboards during the morning. Refreshments will be available.
Start: The lack of a large car park means we will need to have timed entries. The first will be at 10.30am, and the second at 11.30am. There is also plenty of towpath to enjoy for walkers (parking for walkers at the Loxwood Canal Centre). Refreshments will be available. Please register below to book your slot, which is essential as there is room for only 12 cars.
Getting there: From Guildford follow the B2133 through Alfold and turn right just past the Sir Roger Tichborne pub into Oakhurst Lane. If coming from the south, after approx one mile from Loxwood turn left into Oakhurst Lane. Follow the lane towards Oakhurst Farm and bear left at the farm gates. Follow the track which skirts around the farmhouse and buildings. The track straightens out with a hedge to the right.
Walk to Harsfold Bridge
Our second activity will be a walk to Harsfold bridge, starting at 10:30 to allow time to get back to Billingshurst for the AGM.
The route will take members from Wisborough Green, through farmland and meadows to cross the canal at the site of the proposed Harsfold Bridge, where you can hear more about the future plans for this area. The walk is predominantly on foot-paths and bridleways so may be soft underfoot, especially in wet weather, so appropriate footwear is advisable. Please register below.
Getting there: Meet at Harsfold Lane, Wisborough Green, RH14 0BD. This is a tarmac lane leading south off the A272, almost opposite Glebe Way. Parking is available at the side of the lane, opposite the Scout hut and allotments.
Notice of Annual Meeting
The 46th Annual General Meeting of the Wey & Arun Canal Trust Ltd will take place at the Village Hall, Roman Way, Billingshurst on Saturday 27th April 2019 at 2.30pm.
The formal agenda will be as follows:
1. Apologies for absence [see note 1 below].
2. To receive and adopt the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 21st April 2018 [see note 2 below].
3. To receive the Chairman’s Report.
4. To adopt the Accounts and Balance Sheet for the year ended 31 December 2018, together withthe Directors’ and Independent Examiner’s Reports [see note 3 below].
5. To appoint the Independent Examiners for 2019 and to authorise the Council of Management to determine their remuneration.
6. Election of Directors. Alan Johnson, Margaret Darvill, Philip Oliver and John Talbot retire in accordance with section 42 of the Trust’s Articles of Association and are eligible for re-election [see note 4 below].
7. To receive a Report from W&A Enterprises Ltd.
8. To transact any other business proper to an Annual General Meeting.
9. Date of next meeting - date and venue to be confirmed.
10. Close of formal meeting.
At this point the meeting will break for refreshments. You will have the chance to visit our displays and sale stands and to talk with project and group managers.
After the refreshment break the programme is planned to be:
- Birtley project update
- Drungewick Lock update
- Tickner’s Depot update
- Summit update
- Harsfold Bridge update
- Presentation of the Jack King and John East Cups
- Apologies for absence should be supplied to the Hon. Sec before the start of the meeting.
- Copies of the previous (2018) Minutes will be available at the meeting.
- Copies of the Report and Accounts will be available at the meeting; if you would like a copy in advance, please contact the Northern Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- The Trust warmly welcomes new candidates for election as Directors. The formal requirements are: a) A paid-up member of the Trust must propose your election in writing (and you must agree to the proposal); b) The proposal must reach the Hon. Sec at least 14 days before the meeting – that is, by 13th April 2019 (the Secretary has a proposal form, although you are not obliged to use it).