Calling all photographers! Here’s your chance to get your work recognised by appearing in our 2022 calendar.
We’re looking for your best shots of the canal, whether it’s stunning scenery, amazing wildlife, boats or paddlers, or simply people enjoying all the Wey & Arun can offer. The competition is free to enter (a donation is appreciated) and is open to all ages (see T&Cs). Entries must be received by midnight on June 18 2021.
What to enter (the technical details)
Photos must be in landscape format and at least 2400 pixels across and 1800 pixels high (4000 by 2500 would be preferable). A maximum of 8 images may be entered per applicant. If possible include the area of the canal photographed and which season.
How to enter
Please upload your entries to: https://ringsoftcloud.egnyte.com/ul/bdkZxYbqod
Or email to: email@example.com.
A panel of independent judges will select images based upon technical skill, diversity, originality and creativity of composition. The decision of the organisers is final and no correspondence will be entered into concerning the competition’s judging and organisation.
Terms & Conditions
1. The theme of the photograph is the Wey & Arun Canal, and photos can include associated projects, events, people, flora and fauna and where possible should reflect the seasons of the year.
2. Entry is open to all except the judges, organiser and their immediate family.
3. It is free to enter and you may submit up to 8 images.
4. You may enter using a false name and an accommodation address but should you win your identity will have to be made public. This provision is to allow well known members of the Trust to enter incognito.
5. Entrants under 16 years old are welcome. Their entries should be submitted by a parent or guardian who should enter their status.
6. The competition will close at midnight on June 18 2021 and it will not be possible to acknowledge every entry.
7. The aims of the competition are:
- For photographers to have fun, and thus demonstrate the leisure potential of the canal.
- To provide quality photos of the canal which can then be used for the benefit of WACT in its 2022 calendar and possible future publicity material.
8. By entering the competition, entrants:
- warrant that they own the work submitted, that the whole copyright of the work is vested in them, that they have not in any way encumbered their right to deal with the ownership of the work and the copyright assignment, licence or otherwise, and that, if the work is commissioned for private and domestic purposes, it is submitted with the permission of the person who commissioned it;
- Confirm that they have the permission of anyone pictured in the image (or, where the image shows any persons under 18, the consent of their parent/guardian) for the usage rights and will indemnify the Wey & Arun Canal Trust against any claims made by any third parties in respect of such infringement;
- agree that their work may be exhibited at any venues, and in any manner;
- license WACT and any publisher WACT may nominate to reproduce their entries;
- agree that WACT shall have the right of free reproduction in any manner that WACT may so determine;
- warrant that the photos have not been awarded a prize in any other photographic competition.
9. The decision of the judges is final and no correspondence can be entered into.
10. The names of the winners and the selected photographs will be announced via social media, the WACT website and publications by June 26th 2021. All winning images will be displayed in an online gallery on social media and used in the production of the Wey & Arun Canal Trust Calendar 2022.
The organisers will make every reasonable effort to ensure that name credits are given to any photograph published in any medium.
We will keep your details on our secure database to enable us to use your images (see usage rights) and send you information about the Wey & Arun Canal Trust. We value your support and do not pass on information about you to any group or individual outside the Wey & Arun Canal Trust.