With the restoration of a 700 metre section of canal with two lift bridges completed, an official opening by Mary Creswell, Deputy Lord Lieutenant of Surrey was held on 28th October and attended by Trust members, invited guests and many members of the local community.
As well as our own volunteers and staff who did nearly all the work on the ground, the work would not have been possible without many other contributors and supporters.
- The Nicholson family in memory of Mary & Robin Nicholson
- The family of the late Peter Harman
- All at Birtley Courtyard - without their cooperation access to the construction sites would have been extremely challenging
- Beaver Bridges Ltd (Henry Beaver, Andy Robinson & Nick Van De Wydeven)
- Mike Thorogood from Eadon Consulting Ltd - mechanical specification and check
- Hewson Consulting Engineers Ltd (Andy Hodgkinson, Joseph Guirguis) - structure checks
- NFS Piling
- Singh Concrete
- All at Westland Farm
To get more information and background, click on the souvenir brochure below.