- About the Canal
- Canoes & Boats
- Boat Trips
- Support the Trust
You are here
Annual Meeting at Village Hall, Billingshurst
The 2021 Annual Meeting will take place on July 31st at 2.30pm in Billingshurst Community & Conference Centre. However, if Covid restrictions are still in place the meeting will again be held online.
Apologies for absence [see note 1 below].
To receive and adopt the Minutes of the Annual General Meeting held on 25th April 2020 [see note 2 below].
To receive the Chairman’s Report.
To adopt the Accounts and Balance Sheet for the year ended 31 December 2020, together with the Directors’ and Independent Examiner’s Reports [see note 3 below].
To appoint the Independent Examiners for 2021 and to authorise the Council of Management to determine their remuneration.
Election of Directors:
Dennis Gillen and John Reynolds, in accordance with Article 42 of the Trust’s Articles of Association, and Bill Nicholson and Giles Eyre, who were appointed by the Council of Management in the course of the last year under Article 38, retire and are eligible for re-election.
Candidates nominated in accordance with section 45 of the Trust’s Articles of Association [see note 4 below].
To receive a Report from W&A Enterprises Ltd.
To transact any other business proper to an Annual General Meeting.
Date of next meeting – date and venue to be confirmed.
Close of formal meeting.
At this point the meeting will break for refreshments. You will have the chance to visit our displays, project plans and merchandise stands and to talk with project and group managers.
After the refreshment break the programme (subject to alteration) is planned to be:
- Tickner’s Road crossing
- Gennets Farm
- Birtley section
- New boats
- Apologies for absence should be sent to the Northern Office (email@example.com) before the start of the meeting.
- Copies of the previous (2020) Minutes will be available at the meeting.
- Copies of the Report and Accounts will be available at the meeting; if you would like a copy in advance, please contact the Northern Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- The Trust warmly welcomes new candidates for election as Directors. The formal requirements are:
- A paid-up member of the Trust must propose your election in writing (and you must agree to the proposal);
- The proposal must reach the Hon. Sec at least 14 days before the meeting – that is, by 17 July 2021 (the Northern Office has a proposal form, although you are not obliged to use it).
Please note: Arrangements may be subject to change according to Covid restrictions at the time. In the event a face-to-face meeting cannot be held, the Annual Meeting will be conducted online.
July 31st, 2021 2:30 PM through 5:00 PM
Billingshurst Community & Conference Centre
BILLINGSHURST RH14 9QW
BILLINGSHURST RH14 9QW